This Course is 'PART 3' of Pattern Making for Fashion Design. You will learn how to draft Collars and Necklines. It shows the drafting of Button Extensions and Buttonholes. It explains the use of Bias grain lines as used in the Cowl Neckline. And how to finish the edge of a neckline using Bias-Binding, and Piping. Also Facings, Interfacings, Under-stitch.
The Course will show you how to draft Collars:
- Mandarin collar
- Peter Pan collar
- Sailor collar
- Convertible collar
And: how to draft a:
- Cowl neckline
- Scoop neck and Facing
- V-neck with Facing
- Boat neck an facing
- A-symmetrical necklines
Pattern Drafting is a very important aspect of the design process, it takes years of practice to perfect the craft. If you've taken PART 1 and PART 2 and you gained knowledge, then this PART 3 will build on top of that, and will definitely increase your skills necessary to perfect the art of pattern-making.
Hi, I'm Nino Via. I am your instructor.
My passion is to inspire and empower you to live the best version of yourself. Using fashion as a vehicle to educate, and support you in creating and developing a thriving brand.
From concept to completion: From Vision Board to Pattern Drafting, to Tech Packs, to Social Media -- all essential elements for success.
Note: The first 2 classes are free, once you purchase the Course, the rest of the classes will be available.
- Introduction & Course Content (1:23)
- Lecture 1 - Drafting the Mandarin Collar (1:42)
- Lecture 2 - Drafting the Peter Pan Collar (5:19)
- Lecture 3 - Drafting the Sailor Collar (3:19)
- Lecture 4 - Convertible Collar. Button extension. Facings. (5:25)
- Lecture 5 - Convertible Collar (second half) (5:20)
- Lecture 6 - Buttons. Button extensions. Buttonholes. (2:34)
- Lecture 7 - Cowl neckline. Bias grainline. (5:50)
- Lecture 8 - Yoke necklines (part 1) (4:40)
- Lecture 9 - Yoke necklines (part 2) (3:36)
- Lecture 10 - Clean finish edges. Facings. Interfacings. Understitch. (4:03)
- Lecture 11 - Finishing edges with Bias Binding and Piping. (4:25)
- Lecture 12 - Asymmetrical necklines. Boat neck. Sweetheart. (4:26)
- Lecture 13 - Spiral/Ruffles. Conclusion. (2:13)
My courses are about learning how to be a great fashion designer; whether you are a beginner student or a professional fashion designer, learning skills and techniques in designing is an ongoing process: there’s always something new to learn, even if you know basic fashion design techniques, building on top of that is essential to expand your knowledge of the industry at large.
Nowadays learning fashion designing online is such an amazing opportunity: you can study fashion in the comfort of your own home, at your own pace, having full lifetime access. Save on the cost of hight tuition, instead learn by watching these high quality videos, which you can rewind and watch over and over again, on your own schedule, at affordable cost.
Learning fashion Sketching, and Fashion Draping and Pattern Making (Pattern Drafting) or if you want to explore The Business of Fashion, and learn the business side of fashion, or learning how to put a Fashion Collection together and learning the use of Fabrics and the Textile Industry, these Courses are an amazing opportunity to expand your knowledge, elevate you fashion skills, and add to your existing body of work.
Whether making clothes is a hobby of yours or a financial income generator, these courses empower you to build your confidence and make you a better designer. Regardless whether you are putting together your first fashion design portfolio, or build your fashion website, or learn how to market your fashion line, these courses give you the ability to accomplish all that especially because you will be saving on expensive tuition costs.