What is this Course about
and who is it for...
~ How To Draft A Basic Bodice, and Skirt, Using Specific Measurements, To Fit Yourself, or Your Dress Form, or Your Customer.
Imagine what it’s like to be able to make designs for yourself or for a specific person/client.
If you’ve ever wanted to learn how to take measurements, whether it’s of your dress form, or of yourself, or a customer, this course will teach you how to do that, step-by-step, both for a Bodice and for a Skirt.
This Course is for a large variety of “students” — firstly, it is for beginners who want to learn how to draft a Basic Bodice, and a Basic Skirt. It is also for intermediate designers who want to learn how to measure a body, or dress form, and draft a pattern to fit specific measurements. It is also for advanced designers who want to make “made-to-order” designs to fit specific customers.
In this Course you will learn:
- How to draft a Basic Bodice (Front and back), from scratch using specific measurement.
- How to draft a Skirt (Front and Back), from scratch using specific measurements.
- How to measure a Dress Form, or Yourself, or a Client, and draft a basic pattern.
- Learn how to "True Darts", using a tracing wheel on pattern paper.
- I have also included a very basic general concept of Pattern Grading.
- ...and some additional bonus videos...
No prerequisites for the Course.
Tools needed: tape measure, pattern paper, pencil, ruler, tracing wheel, scissors, french curve and/or hip curve. A Dress Form would be helpful.